“Volunteering is about people giving their time and skills without payment, for the benefit of others, the local community and – very importantly – themselves! Volunteers can learn new skills, build confidence, make new friends or feel good being part of something they believe in.” Volunteer Midlothian
As a community group we are totally reliant on volunteers for the running of our organisation. We are passionate about representing a diverse range of voices and are keen to have people from many different backgrounds involved.
Volunteering with Midlothian People’s Equality Group (MPEG) is a great way to develop your skills, meet new people and work as part of a team. How you contribute – and how much time you contribute – differs from person to person. We’re always looking for helpful and reliable volunteers, so why not make good use of your skills, get involved and join our volunteering team?
- help make our events a success
- gain experience for your C.V.
- help raise awareness of our group and our objectives
- get involved in our Talking Books project by sharing your story
- become a Board member
- use your skills to help us with IT support/ social media/ web design
- …. and much much more!
Why volunteer for MPEG?
“As an MPEG member I have been involved in a variety of different events and meetings –opportunities that I wouldn’t otherwise have had. This is really important to me as it gets me out my flat and seeing other people. This stops me feeling down and prevents me from being isolated. It gives me an opportunity to show that I’m still alive!” – MPEG Board member
As a group we are passionate about promoting equality and challenging prejudice. There are many different reasons why people volunteer, here are just some:
- Students – course placement or work experience
- Between jobs – a couple of months to spare before starting a new job
- Retirement – making good use of years of expertise
- Special interest/skill – which can make a valuable contribution to MPEG
- Spare time – a few hours a week to get involved in something different and rewarding
Whatever your reason is, we would love to hear from you!
How to Get Started?
If you would like to find out more about volunteering with us please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org